Set of 18 Ceramic Bearings (10x15x4mm, 5x10x4mm and 6x13x5mm) for the gearbox and axles of a Team Associated B64 or B64D 4wd buggy. These bearings keep the drivetrain spinning free, the ceramic balls, metal shield, and oil lubrication allow for less drag at high RPM resulting in more top speed, lower motor temps, and longer run times. Also included are Onyx bearings for the steering system (8 pcs.)
Schelle Racing Innovations ceramic metal shield bearings are part of the Black Diamond series which means they are for all-out, spare no expense racing.
• Precision manufactured to ABEC-3 Standards
• Lubed with premium bearing oil
• 2 metal shield for minimum drag
• Ideal for stock 17.5 and 13.5 4wd racers looking for some extra speed. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Maintenance and Care:
-Once a month, every 4 track days: Check bearings by spinning gearbox (pinion removed) and axles. Listen/feel for grit or dirt in bearings
- If gritty, take apart gearbox or hub and check individual bearings. If everything in smooth, you can add 1-2 drops of oil every other time you check the bearings. Over-oiling can get messy and attract more dirt, so be moderate in your oiling.
-To clean, never use brake cleaner, this causes grease/lube to break down and clump, making things worse with it's harsh chemicals. Brake cleaner will ruin your bearings. Use 1) a citrus based degreaser or 2) Electric parts cleaner a.k.a. motor spray. Citrus base cleaners are more safe to use since they do not contain harsh chemicals.
-Use 1) a sonic jewelry cleaner, or 2) bearing blaster to try and work out the dirt.
-Let bearings dry and re-check. If it's clean and still gritty, odds are that the dirt has damaged and dented the rolling surface, and you need to replace your bearing. If they are smooth, you need to re-lube with specialty bearing grease or light oil.