Set of 14 Ceramic Bearings and 8 Onyx Bearings for a Yokomo YZ2 DTM Maifield Edition (fits all YZ-2 and YZ2-T variations). 14 pcs 5x10mm, 2 pcs 5x13mm, 2 pcs 10x15mm ceramic.
The included 4 pcs 5x10mm bearings and 4 pcs 3x7 for the steering system and 5x8 for the ball differential are Onyx series chrome steel bearings.
Schelle Racing Innovations ceramic metal shield bearings are part of the Black Diamond series which means they are for all-out, spare no expense racing.
• Precision manufactured to ABEC-3 Standards
• Lubed with premium bearing oil
• 2 metal shield for minimum drag
• Ideal for stock racers looking for some extra speed. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Fits all YZ-2 and YZ2-T variations up to CAL3 and DTM3.
Maintenance and Care:
-Once a month, every 4 track days: Check bearings by spinning gearbox (pinion removed) and axles. Listen/feel for grit or dirt in bearings
- If gritty, take apart gearbox or hub and check individual bearings. If everything in smooth, you can add 1-2 drops of oil every other time you check the bearings. Over-oiling can get messy and attract more dirt, so be moderate in your oiling.
-To clean, never use brake cleaner, this causes grease/lube to break down and clump, making things worse with it's harsh chemicals. Brake cleaner will ruin your bearings. Use 1) a citrus based degreaser or 2) Electric parts cleaner a.k.a. motor spray. Citrus base cleaners are more safe to use since they do not contain harsh chemicals.
-Use 1) a sonic jewelry cleaner, or 2) bearing blaster to try and work out the dirt.
-Let bearings dry and re-check. If it's clean and still gritty, odds are that the dirt has damaged and dented the rolling surface, and you need to replace your bearing. If they are smooth, you need to re-lube with specialty bearing grease or light oil.