The Nova Slipper Clutch is the ultimate 3-plate clutch that has better driving feel, lasts longer, and has a lower rotating inertia. Weight is 12.0 grams for the entire Nova Slipper Clutch assembly using the included 78 tooth spur gear.
Schelle Chief Engineer Kurt Wenger created a 3-plate design which solves all of the problems racers are having with kit slipper clutches that degrade and lock-up. In addition, it is smaller and weighs less making it the ideal slipper clutch for stock racers. The Nova Slipper Clutch has 20% more torque capacity in a compact package that helps you put more power to the ground and lasts longer between rebuilds. The other benefit of the Nova over other brands is that Nova sets include 2 slipper pads of each material we offer and a tuning guide to help racers learn how to tune the clutch for different conditions from slick to astro-turf.
1. Small 3-plate compact design ideal for racing. 12 g total weight for fastest possible "spool up".
2. Special blend Nova Spur Gears, strong, true round, and quiet running.
3. Approximately 20% more torque capacity than a standard slipper clutch.
4. Smooth power delivery.
5. Lasts longer, change your slipper pads less frequently.
6. 3 identical drive plates for easy assembly and maintenance. Nova Centric Drive Plates now included.
7. 4 slipper pads included with Tuning Guide.
8. Buggy Set includes 78 and 81 tooth spur gears for popular buggies.
9. Direct fit to the B6, B6D, B5, and B5M. Also direct fits TLR22 3.0 family of cars. Needs small modification to fit B4 and SC10 series*.
*to fit the B4 series, take the red spring adapter and drill to 1/8",
*Nova parts also compatible with Avid Triad.